During the week of May 3rd – 7th, The Academy of Scholars will be celebrating Teacher & Support Staff Appreciation Week. In order to help us show our appreciation for our teachers and support staff, we would like to invite you to participate in the following events throughout the week. Please keep these events a secret, so we can surprise our hardworking staff!
Monday, May 3rd: Surprise Parade from 9:10 am – 9:40 am
- If your scholar is in-person, please send a card, create a poster with your scholar, or have them write a note to show their gratitude. If your scholar is virtual, they may participate in the parade by making a sign/poster to show during the parade, staying in the car, and cheering on their teacher. Virtual scholars may leave their Microsoft Team meeting for the parade by letting their teachers know that they need to leave for a few minutes. (Again, this is a secret!)
- Parade Details:
- Arrive at The Academy of Scholars at 9:10 am. The parade will end at 9:40 am.
- Enter the parking lot through the Miller Rd. gated entrance.
- Circle around the perimeter of the parking lot once.
- Exit through the Miller Rd. gated exit.
Wednesday, May 5th: Teacher & Staff Appreciation Lunch
- We will provide lunch for all teachers and support staff
- Uncle Boo’s Chicken & Catfish Food Truck
Friday, May 7th: Gift Drop-Off
- Parents may drop off gifts of gratitude for their scholar’s teacher from 7:30 am to 12:00 pm. When entering the parking lot, announce that you are dropping off a gift. Then stop at the curb and a staff member will take the gift to the teacher.